Friday, January 13, 2012

Five Things Friday

1. Last week N told me that he wished he had food allergies like L so he would be special too. That just broke my heart. I have tried so hard to make life as normal for L that I have inadvertently neglected N's feelings. That has broken my heart. I try to make both of my boys feel special in their own way and I am now crushed that I have failed with N. I am going to make more of an effort to do special N only things for him.

2. Yesterday I decided to split the difference between a run and rest and go for a walk. We were in the mid sixties and the sun was out. I had a lovely 4.5 miles. It is shocking to see how sore I feel after a walk. It really does use different muscles!

3. Today in the ATL our temps dropped significantly. It is currently 29 degrees, feels like 17. I wish I had found a running gator before today. Instead, I'll head out to the doctor for my annual exam and hope that it warms up a tad this afternoon. Otherwise, I'll take a rest day and let my muscles breathe.

4. I ordered a foam roller for my sciatica, hip and it band. I have been a foam rolling fool since it arrived on Tuesday. I am shocked at how good it hurts on my sciatica. It is WAY better than a tennis ball-- what I have been using for a year.

5. I have been following the case of missing Montana runner, Sherry Arnold since I read about it on SUAR's blog. I hoped that Sherry was just injured or missing and feared that she had been murdered. I just read that she has been reported dead. They have one man in custody and are questioning another. This is our biggest fear as women runners. Please take extra measures to keep yourself safe out there.

Happy Running and be safe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment