Thursday, June 7, 2012

Speedy Gonzales

National Running Day was spent running with my baby brother (yes, he is much BIGGER than me). He literally ran circles around me. It was a junk 1 mile run in the heat of the day, post Arby's roast beef sandwich and a hot dog with 86 degrees. He pushed me to a 6:39 pace (something I did not think I was capable of, ever)! The whole mile was 8:22 and that included a walk break at .5 miles to catch my breath and turn around.

Yesterday's run got me thinking maybe I could actually get faster, I mean really faster. Maybe I can up my pace to 8:30's on a regular basis. Only time will tell, but I know that I am capable. As Master Yoda would say, "Do or do not, there is no try". Thank you Master Yoda, thank you!

Me and baby brother (aka Speedy Gonzales) post run, I'm ready to puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment