Monday, September 17, 2012

Hill Repeats: Part Deux


Today is hubby’s birthday. As I posted on his wall, “Happy Birthday to my better half. I celebrated with leg-trashing hill repeats. Boy do I know how to partay!” Today was my third attempt at hill repeats. (Sorry Hills Part Trois was not as catchy). This morning I put the boys on the bus as hubby was leaving for work and found myself wanting to crawl back into bed. So I did. Two hours later, I woke up, scarfed down some breakfast and hit the pavement. I had some hills to tackle and I had wasted enough daylight napping.

My original plan was to hit the “BIG hill” on my long route 10 times. As I ran towards “the hill” I realized that it was farther from my house than I thought;1.5 miles. I descended two hills on my way to “the hill” and realized that I had to ascend them on the way home. “Crap. I’ll do eight repeats instead of ten.” As I was halfway up the first repeat, I realized that this long hill gets steeper halfway up. “Crap. I’ll do six repeats instead of ten.” I successfully completed six repeats on this hill and ran up the other two hills on my way home. So I guess you can say that I did a total of eight repeats today. This hill was a b!t(h. I am looking forward to next Monday when I will do eight repeats and show it who's boss! Today’s workout was very similar to the last half of my race on Thanksgiving day (minus the six repeats on the same hill). While I know that my legs will be hurting tomorrow, I am glad that I’m doing hill repeats this go around and I’m excited to see how I perform on race day.

Tomorrow is a walk day. Hubby has the day off so we’ll celebrate his Birthday one day late. Thursday I do 6 x 800s; wish me luck!

Happy running y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment