Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Clear mind an beautiful bodies

Yesterday's run was just what the doctor ordered. I came home tired, sweaty, out of breath and refreshed. While I didn't find that elusive high, I did run out some pent up frustration. 

Today is a new day. I am going to take a quick walk by myself, then make hubby go on another one with me. I'm so proud of him, he's lost 16 pounds in September and he's feeling great! He has worked hard and he's seeing the benefits. Go J!!!

I have posted before about body image and now I'd like y'all to head on over to Another Mother Runner and check out today's post. They are requesting that us mother runners take a picture of ourselves in our running gear (skirt, shorts, capris, etc) and our sports bra. They want to start a scrapbook of what a mother runner looks like: kickass strong with stretch marks!!! I think this is an amazing idea and can't wait to send them my picture. Their request is we take a pic in our sports bra (for continuity) and then state our age, number of children, number of years running, proudest running moment and favorite body part. You can keep your face in the picture or have your head cropped out. I encourage you to participate. It is important for all women to know that mother runners come in all shapes and sizes and they are all strong and beautiful.

Happy running y'all!

2 comments:

  1. that is awesome what your hubby is doing and you both get to be in the journey together! love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I'm incredibly proud of him. On our last walk I told him how I'd wish he would just hurry up and start running with me like I know he will- eventually. He laughed at me and asked why he'd want to do that. He doesn't run, but will walk with me. My dream is that someday he'll be my running partner.

      Delete