Thursday, October 11, 2012

Should I stay or should I go?


I have slept for nearly two days straight. Yup. Bilbo Baggins and his post Lonely Mountain adventure stop with Gandalf in Rivendell have nothing on me! Minus the battle of five armies and the gold treasure of course. But I do have my own personal Elrond taking care of me…Hubby!

Not sure what sort of bug I picked up but it has hit me like a ton of bricks. I went for a walk on Tuesday and by 1pm I was ready to hit the sack. I managed to stay awake long enough to greet the boys at the bus stop, give them a snack, breeze through homework and then crawl into bed. I was able to get up to feed them dinner, bathe them and tuck them in. I then crawled into bed and haven’t gotten out until this afternoon. Thankfully, hubby came home early Tuesday evening and had yesterday off so I could sleep this fever off and not worry about the boys. Hubby made me soup, brought me a smoothie in bed and took care of my needs. That’s saying a lot since he is not a natural caregiver!

Today I am starting to feel almost human. I am hoping another good nights’ sleep will kick this bug to the curb and I will be able to rest up this weekend. I need to make up my missed 13 miles from today. In my feverish state yesterday I actually considered running 13 today. I then realized that would probably put me in the hospital with pneumonia and ruin my goal for the race. A little sleep wouldn’t hurt me and I know that I couldn’t walk five miles today so running 13 is out of the question.

I’m hoping to kill these 13 miles on Monday. I am actually going to add the .1 to see how my time is. I’m dreaming of a huge PR this year and trying to not get my hopes up too much for Monday. Only time and rest will tell.

It looks like the sun is out today and I’m sure that it’s a great day for running…if you’re healthy!

Happy running y’all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment