Thursday, May 3, 2012

Naked Run



Today I went for a run, naked, and it felt good. It was better than good it was amazing! (If you don’t know what naked running is, get your minds out of the gutter! No electronics. No music. No garmin. Just you and your running shoes.) Don’t get me wrong, it was butt kicking hard, but it was epic. My legs were heavy, my lungs struggled, it was muggy, it was spectacular! 

My first run in over two weeks and my sciatica didn’t hurt. I did stretch longer than usual and had a thorough icing. But back to my run. I have been dreaming of this run for over a week. Having a sick one at home, I have watched so much Star Wars, I’m an honorary padawan. Today I ran and I savored EVERY.SINGLE.STEP! The birds were my music, the sun was my garmin. 

Yes, I had L take my picture before getting on the bus this morning.

Today I ran, today’s a great day for running y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment