Friday, March 23, 2012

I need to run like an addict needs their fix

I have not run all week. I have severe environmental allergies AND exercise induced asthma. It is spring in Atlanta. If you’ve never been to the ATL in the spring, then you don’t get it. Everything is covered in pollen, EVERYTHING. The city has been coated with the thick, yellow essence aka death to Carrie! I know this happens every year. For two weeks of every year, I do not leave the house unless I have to. I desperately need to pick up a SARS mask (maybe even write “SARS” on the mask!) just to run the boys to school. Pollen sucks.

Last night we had some rain! My car no longer has a yellow tint to it. The pollen count hit just under 10,000 on Tuesday. Today’s count is just over 1,000. I may or may not be able to run tomorrow. I can’t risk it. I need to run.

Since I have been stuck in the house under house arrest (without the blinking anklet), I have been working my strength training. This week I ordered and received (very quickly I might add) The Original Buns of Steel. I did this in junior high and can sing the praises of this video. I still get sciatica issues from time to time and know that strengthening my hammys as well as glutes will help this. I will have buns of steel by the end of next month! It is the cheesiest workout of all time, but it works like a charm! If you feel your glutes need a workout, stop what you are doing, do not pass go until you order this video. I urge you, drop what you are doing right now and go order it!

That’s it for now. Here’s to hoping my buns turn into steel before the pollen count drops back down to the teens!

Happy running y’all!! (please get some mileage in for me!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment