Friday, March 30, 2012

The Petri Dish Known As Elementary School

Spring Break. Let me say it again, SPRING BREAK!!!! In less than two hours my boys will be bounding off of the big, yellow bus and spring break will begin. It’s not that I’m excited to spend a whole week with my children with nothing to do (don’t get me wrong, I do love my boys), it’s the fact that I don’t have to roll out of bed to wrestle them out the door for five days. That’s a vacation! No packing lunches. No packing snacks. No driving from here to there. Hopefully, the school and our house, will take this week off to cleanse themselves from the sicknesses that have infected them. Yes, I was sick, again, this week. L brought home a nasty bug that took me five days to get over. He rebounded in two days or less. Isn’t that how it is? I catch every stinking sniffle, cough and bug they pick up at that disgusting petri dish. SPRING BREAK!!!

Thankfully, my MIL is flying down tonight to partay with us! I am glad that I get to play man-to-man defense this week instead of my usual zone-D (which is an epic fail every.single.time). I'm taking this weekend to recover from the bug, I’m still dehydrated and dizzy. Hoping to hit the pavement Monday strong and healthy. In the meantime, we’ll be partaking in hubby’s newest addiction: Geocaching. The boys really enjoy it. I love that we can do it as a family and it gets every one moving. Hubby and I hit a geocache this morning just .9 miles from the house and along my usual running route. I asked him if he wanted to complete the one-mile circle we were approaching. He said no. I then asked him if he minded if I ran it and met up with him. He then told me it wasn’t a good idea since it is my first day back on my feet. Next time hubby, I will run circles around you!!!

That being said, geocaching is a great family event we can do that is fun and gets us all moving (um did I say that already?)!!! So our week will be spent having fun. Here’s to hoping you have a great weekend and a fabulous spring break if you’re on it!!

Happy running y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment