Monday, April 30, 2012

I want to run…away


The other day, G posted here about how she runs so she doesn’t run away. That is me, today. I haven’t showered since the hotel Saturday morning, but I digress…

Friday night, our 10th wedding anniversary was amazing! I felt like a million bucks (see exhibits A & B). I had the slightest twinge of guilt dropping off L and N at their Atlanta Grandma’s house, but it quickly passed. We hit the hotel; they tried to pull a quick one over us by telling us that we were not eligible for the friends and family rate (thanks Hyatt, we won’t be staying with you ever again!), but I let it slide. It’s our 10th wedding anniversary! Then we went to dinner. The minute we walked through the door we recognized the greeter, she used to work with J at his last restaurant. The whole evening was spectacular! I can honestly say that the customer service at Ocean Prime Atlanta was above and beyond. Even hubby who works in the industry commented on how spectacular they were. 

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

We started in the bar since we were intentionally early. It’s not every day that I get to sit in the bar with hubby sans little boys, have a drink, and enjoy an appetizer and people watch. It was pure heaven! I was able to eavesdrop on all conversations and wonder why the 30 something hipster chic is sitting with the middle-aged (plus) Russian-American man wearing a seersucker jacket, slacks and no socks. What did she see in him? Probably the free drink! I enjoyed hearing the conversations between a guest and the bartender on the myriad of flavors in the Red Stag line offered by Jim Beam; all while enjoying my cucumber gimlet, white truffle popcorn and goat cheese and mushroom ravioli. I didn’t have to get up to get a second serving, fill water glasses, grab a napkin or listen to whining about how “I don’t like this food”.

We then moved to our table. I apologize for not bringing my camera; I will never do that again. The greeter had champagne sent to us at the table, YUM! Then the server brings us Ahi Tuna Tartar compliments of a guy on the line that J worked with at another restaurant. I can’t get over how small the food service industry is, especially here in the ATL! I guess it’s because we never go out. NEVER. We then ordered steaks, twice baked potato and asparagus. I had a glass of Napa Valley’s finest Cab while J had a Zin, he likes peppery wine with his steak. We finished it off with a fabulous slice of Baked Alaska. I’ve never had it before and it was amazing!

 Baked Alaska

The next morning, I get a text message asking if N can have a baby aspirin. He’d been up all night with a fever and an achy head. I jumped into the shower, got dressed and we checked out. We were able to stop and get a cup of coffee and then get the boys. N has had that fever ALL.WEEKEND.LONG. I took him to the doc this morning only to find out it’s not the flu. It is just another lovely virus compliments of the Petri dish known as kindergarten. He has had a rough three nights, two of which I have spent with him in the office. J had to go back to work yesterday, I have been an on call nurse, maid, nanny, butt wiper, nose wiper, carry me to the bathroom ‘cause I don’t have the energy servant since Saturday afternoon at 12:00 pm. I’m spent. I want to run. My sciatica is feeling much better. I need to run before I run away from this place. Here's to hoping everyone is healthy tomorrow and I can get my run on without over doing it!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great time celebrating - but what a shame about the little one. Hope he is feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete