Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pain in my Butt

Still no running since last week. Still experiencing sciatica twinge. But with ice, stretching, advil, foam rolling and vodka, it's getting better! I am haunted by the old me. The overweight, crabby, mean, fatigued momma that I used to be. Running makes me sane. Running calms my nerves. Running gives me energy. When I run, I am happy. When I run, my house is clean. When I run, my children feel loved. I feel so bad for those little guys; having to deal with a cranky momma. I miss my run. I'm sure my boys miss my run too.

I understand my old self and I understand my new (and improved) self. I am frustrated that I am (currently) somewhere in between because I can't get my run on. I know I'm making the smart decision to let this twinge heal and then I can get out there and slowly rebuild my mileage. I started back too fast after the pollen/tummy bug/spring break mommy guilt  and irritated my butt. Funny since I feel that everything is a pain in my butt right now!!! I am frustrated and eating way too many cookies! This too shall pass and I will get out there and find my run again. For now, I toast all of you who are getting your run on. Please think of me as you're sweating buckets while chasing that elusive runner's high. I'm with you in spirit!

This little break is teaching me the lesson to savor every run. You never know when you're going to be sidelined. Not every run is perfect, but it's the chance to get out there, break some sweat and savor every step. I'm looking forward to getting there again. For now, I am working on breaking my chocolate chip cookie habit. One step at a time.

On an exciting note: Friday is mine and hubby's 10th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been 10 years! In some ways, it feels like it was yesterday; I still feel 23! In other ways, it feels like we have been married F.O.R.E.V.E.R.; I can't remember a time before hubby. We're going to have a kid free night on the town and paint it red! I can't wait.

Today's a good day for running, go out and savor it. Happy running y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment