Thursday, April 19, 2012

Three Things Thursday

  1. Last Saturday (yes it has been awhile, sorry!) I decided to run 10k. I wanted to see how fast I could run that distance. My goal was 1 hour. I missed my goal by two minutes, 53 seconds. I’m ok with that. I know that I can work on my pace and easily drop three minutes. Heck, I’d be happy with a 1:00:xx time! I was pleased with my performance even though my time was slower than I had hoped. I took a gel at 3 miles and only walked for water and to catch my breath after the hills (darn asthma). I gave it 100% and will now be chasing that 1:00:xx time for a 10k.
  2. Monday, I set out for a quick 30 minute run to loosen up my muscles after the 10k. I had no time goal, but ran by feel. I was feeling so great that I logged my fastest 5k in over 6 months! SWEET! It’s funny how you can chase a time goal, bust your butt and have an epic fail. Then another day go out there with no goal at all and have a PR.
  3. I was supposed to run 6.5 today but am feeling a twinge in my hip and sciatica. I opted to stay home and spend some quality time with my foam roller. I will try to get that 6.5 in either tomorrow or Saturday depending on how I’m feeling. I don’t want to mess myself up by running through an injury. Beth at Shut Up and Run (SUAR) addresses this in her post here. I made that mistake when I started running (no taper AND running through an injury) and ended up as a DNS for my first two 5ks. Bummer!

My new tag phrase: It’s a great day for running!

Happy running y’all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment