Friday, December 23, 2011

Busy Week, No Posts

Hello! I'm here and I'm running. I just haven't had time to blog. It's been a busy week down here. The boys had their "Holiday" parties this week and being double room mom means that I was super busy prepping for said parties.

I did run last Saturday as I mentioned in my last post. The sun was out and it was perfect running weather. The only problem was, my skirt kept riding up. I had to stop every five minutes to pull down my skirt and my under shorts. That put a damper on my desired "perfect run". What a let down. 3.1 miles, stop and go to pull out clothes. Boo!

I ran Monday. 3.1 more miles. I had a hard time with my lungs, even using my inhaler. The past few runs, I've had heavy legs, heavy lungs. Depressing runs. I did manage to find that elusive runner's high on Monday, the only redeeming factor on this run.

Tuesday, 3.1 more miles run. It was warm so I rocked my compression socks with shorts and a tank top. Another "depressing" run. I have found myself wondering what's going on? I managed to run 13.1 miles a month ago and now I'm struggling with 5k. Where's my speed? Where's my endurance???

Ran again yesterday. I decided to throw on the skirt I trained in, super cute pink compression socks and a pink tank top. I ran 5k and I found "IT"! It felt so good to run. First half was hard with my lungs, but I warmed up and found my speed. A redeeming run and it felt fabulous!

I wasn't even planning on running yesterday. My hip was hurting and I had a lot to get done before the boys got off the bust and started their Christmas vacation. But it was a gray, rainy, muggy day and I was fighting my Seattleite SAD self. I decided to shake off the depression with a mind-clearing run. Zero expectations but to get out there and shake off the darkness. What an epic run! It all clicked and felt so good! I found my "speed". I use quotes because I'm not THAT fast, but I managed to find my race pace yesterday and it felt so good. I am actually sore from yesterday's run and it feels so good!!!

As I type, I have L sitting over my left shoulder reading every.single.word. He's laughing. N is constructing some sort of fort with my laundry baskets in the spare bed. The house is already destroyed, I'm trying to keep my sanity. January 10th is a LONG way off. Just remembering yesterday's run and dreaming of my next run on Christmas day.

Happy running y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment