Monday, December 26, 2011

Strength

No running for me today. That's two in a row! J left for work at o'dark thirty this morning and won't be home until late tonight. The boys are on winter break until January 10th. Yes, I said January 10th! I'm going to go mental. Since they are not old enough to be left at home and all family is over 3,000 miles away, I'm going to focus on my strength training. I have been pretty lax in that area lately and I need to step it up. I know that my core is my tree trunk and I will be focusing on core exercises: sit-ups, crunches, leg raises and planks. I have a love-hate relationship with planks. I hate them with every fiber of my being, but they really get the job done! I will also work on my hips and butt because I struggle with my sciatica. Strengthening those areas are the way to go. Last but not least is my arms because if I don't use my two pound weights, my triceps (a.k.a. Granny arms) will flap in the wind like a flag.

Here's to hoping that I can sneak a run in tomorrow on J's day off AND that the weather cooperates! Maybe I should have asked Santa for a treadmill?

1 comment:

  1. wishing you lots of joy to get you through jan 10th!! have fun with strength training!

    ReplyDelete