Thursday, December 8, 2011

10k Never Felt So Good

Last night I left the house at 8:30 (PM!!!) to meet an old friend for a drink downtown. I never leave the house that late. N.E.V.E.R. I am usually crawling into bed at 8:30. I haven't seen this friend since my wedding day almost ten years ago. It was great to see her, have a drink and catch up on the last decade! Unfortunately, last night was not the makings for a great "long" run today. Or so I thought.

G was SOOO right! Last Friday I tried to run 5 miles and threw the towel in at 5k. My body wasn't feeling it. I waited a week and set out today. I had zero expectations; especially after falling asleep after midnight! Ideally I wanted to run the 5 miles I missed last week, but would have been happy with 5k again.

I had a swig of OJ and set out the door. My run was amazing. Epic! I felt as strong as I did during my half! My legs were light and my lungs were working. I hit 5k just at 30 minutes and decided to go for 10k. I finished in 1:01. Other than not fueling and having to wait for cars to cross the streets, it was perfect! The kind of run I dream of. Just me, the road and some Led.

Happy running y'all!

1 comment:

  1. just reading this makes me smile!! I totally understand that feeling and I am totally jealous of the great run!

    ReplyDelete