Friday, December 2, 2011

Failure?

Today I ran 3.1 miles. I should have ran 5. Does that make me a failure? I blame the five ounces of booze that I had last night. I was only going to have 2 oz of Jim Beam, but when I saw there was only one ounce left, I helped myself to it. Why leave one ounce in the bottle?

After the much needed Jim (my five year old was melting down over his sight words and book in a bag), I decided to go to bed with a hot cocoa and 2 oz of creme de menthe. A peppermint patty in a cup! An adult peppermint cocoa! It was fabulous! Until this morning. It was hard to get out of bed. Hard to get the boys to school. Hard to run my scheduled 5 miles (thanks Jeff Galloway!).

Then I remember it was a mere 8 days ago I ran my first half marathon! 13.1 miles!!! I think it's OK to half-ass it today, I busted my butt for four plus months to achieve my goal. I don't think today was a total fail, I think today's mileage was more than most of my peers. Can I talk myself into believing that? I hope so!

2 comments:

  1. you should still be in recovery-mode for about 5 more days. Relax. Have a cocktail, you earned it. In 5 days, try this 5 miler again and see how you feel. I bet it will feel a LOT different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks G! That's exactly why I didn't push on to 5 today. I can hit it and some next week. Instead I went to my hubby's restaurant and had a GIANT bacon cheeseburger with fries and it was fabulous! I'll move on to the cocktail this evening!

    ReplyDelete