Thursday, December 15, 2011

Is 2.5 harder than 14.5?

Miles that is. It sounds crazy to ask, but if you run regularly, then you understand that each day is a new day with it's own elements. Take today as an example. I had 2.5 miles on the schedule (Jeff Galloway and his crazy mileage increments!!). I dropped L and N off at school, ran to SBUX to get a cappuccino and then return to the school at 8 am to help wrap the teacher's gifts. The PTA does this every year, and this was my first chance. I really enjoyed it! I am glad that I could do something to help them out. They spend all.day.long with my boys, the least I could do is return a favor!

After wrapping, I headed home and scarfed down a luna bar. I then changed into shorts and a tank top (nice huh? We're going to hit 70 today in the ATL and I'm loving it!!!), laced up my asics and headed out the door. I wasn't even .25 miles in before I realized that I forgot to use my inhaler. Oops! "It's only 2.5 miles, I can do it!" famous last words...

I can't believe how hard it was to run a mere 2.5 without my inhaler. I stopped frequently to catch my breath. pathetic. What's done, is done! A possibly epic run was replaced with, "I'll stop at the top of the hill to catch my breath".

Thankfully, tomorrow is another day and I'll chase that illusive high on Saturday. Lesson learned: always keep my inhaler in my running shoes!

Happy running y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment