Friday, December 2, 2011

Virtual 5K in Memory of Baby Ashlyn

In July 2003 my older brother and his wife had their second daughter, Kristin. Nineteen days later, baby Kristin went to be with the Lord. She was a shining angel for her 19 days in this world and continues to shine in Heaven. Kristin's passing really affected me and my hubby (J). Driving home from Kristin's funeral, we decided that there would never be a "perfect" time to have a baby so what were we waiting for? One year later, our first son L was born. Regularly, I look at L and think about his older cousin, what would she have looked like? If she were alive today, she would love playing with L and N and her big sister K.

Today I came across a virtual 5K in memory of baby Ashlyn here. On Tuesday, December 6th I will run the Hope Endures Virtual 5k for Ashlyn and my niece Kristin. Never forgotten, forever changed.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you all had to endure the loss of your niece, it really is such a hard thing but like you said you never forget and are changed completely from it. Thank you for sharing your story and for joining in on the run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carrie for sharing. Its so hard that the rest of the world keeps turning. When even eight. Years later there are times my world stops. Whenever someone asks how many children do you have? Or you only have one? Oh there are so many times and I just smile but my heart is breaking. But in all things work together for the good. I have in God and he loves all of us. I am so very grateful my for nephews and nieces of course my daughter too. I will be jogging/walking on Tuesday a 5k also. I
    know one day I will own my disability and run someday. Carrie you have always done great things you have encouraged me and inspired me over the years more than I can ever explain. I love you and keep running the good race of life


    me and encouraged me over the

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I have NO idea what pain you and Ryan have endured. There are days when the boys are driving me crazy and I need to step back and know that you, Ryan and Courtney (Ashlyn's momma) would love to have those moments with your babies.

    You inspire me Linda! Being such a good momma, wife and woman. I love that you are able to move in spite of your disability--something I don't even see!!! You are an excellent model for K!!!

    ReplyDelete