Monday, January 30, 2012

Case of the Mondays

One of my hubby's favorite movies is Office Space. It was one of the first movies I watched with him when we started dating. The older I get, the more that movie applies to my daily life. Especially (now) my running life. Mondays are my hardest run. Why? I only run for 30 minutes. It is not even my longest run of the week. But Mondays kick my butt. I have a Case of the (running) Mondays. I'd love to kick this run to the curb, but I never do. It kicks me every.single.time.

Today's run was especially hard after our "Adventure" hike yesterday. We didn't set out thinking it would be an adventure hike, but it turned out that way. It was the hardest 5 miles I have ever hiked as a family. I am so proud of my boys, especially five year old N. N is our whiny child. He whines over every.single.thing. He only mentioned twice in these five miles that his legs were tired. My legs were tired by then! The hike is rated as "moderate to strenuous". They weren't kidding. We traversed log "bridges" (aka two logs thrown over a wide stream to act as a bridge), narrow paths with zero shoulder dangerously close to the lake, and my favorite, the ropes so thoughtfully tied on two trees to help you rappel down the cliff! Adventure hiking! Not what I was expecting, but oh so much fun. The boys slept like babies last night!

Sore quads from adventure hiking lead to a Dory Run today or even a BBTN run. Here's to hoping the legs recover before Thursday's 11 miler!

No comments:

Post a Comment