Monday, January 23, 2012

Rest

Rest. It is good for the body, mind and soul. Rest is what I need. Rest is what I will take today. I was scheduled for a quick 30 minute run this morning before heading into the kindergarten class for learning centers. But it was raining. Still raining. It rained all weekend. No hiking on Saturday. Barely a peep of sunshine yesterday. Rain this morning. I am thankful for the rain today. My body has been telling me that it is tired. I am not sleeping well; it is hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep. I have constant headaches. I am constantly tired. I feel like a giant elephant and his best friend is sitting on my chest. I suspect that this is all due to overcommitments, stress and allergies. I have been taking the last week and a half to look over the commitments in my life to see if they are work keeping up or if they need to be cut out. I am starting back up on my allergy meds, especially the benadryl before bedtime.

Normally, the rain really starts my Seattleite SAD and my mood matches the clouds until I go for a run. Running does my body good, it clears my mind and refreshes my soul. Today I have found this rain cleansing and restful. My body is tired. Today I will sleep. Today I will rest. Tomorrow I am looking forward to sunshine and the possibility of a walk with hubby on his day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment