Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Still Here, Still Running

As you can tell from my Daily Mile, I'm out and moving. My boys had yesterday off for MLK, coincidentally, hubby also had the day off. I was able to go for a quick 5k to clear my head and de-stress.

Lately, I have been really creeped out and borderline scared to go running since SUAR's cousin Sherry Arnold was abducted and murdered while out on her run. I have been obsessively checking Sherry's story by the hour to see if there are any new updates. I am not sure why. I think of her as I run. I think of her family. I worry, hope, wish that won't happen to me and my family. It so easily could be me, or you. That angers me. That scares me.

The blogosphere is buzzing with Sherry's story and tips on how to stay safe while running. You can check out Run Like A Mother's tips from this mornings post. Be sure to check out Skinny Runner's post today, after reading it I am even more creeped out. I am wishing for a running buddy, a dog or a treadmill. Maybe then I won't feel so vulnerable? I have been running with pepper spray, but after reading SR's post, I don't know what to do. I do know that I am going to change up my runs regularly. I don't want anyone targeting me. I'll admit it, I'm scared to run right now but I am not going to let it stop me. I am not going to let the bad guys win. I am just going to be a smarter runner than I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment