Friday, January 20, 2012

Five Things Friday

  1. Ran 9.5 miles today in 1:44:05. That is nine minutes faster than the last time I ran it. I was a little down that I wasn’t faster. But it was 48 degrees out (feels like temp was a bit cooler), overcast and trying to rain. The cold air combined with diesel exhaust, cigarette smoke from passing drivers and the hills wreaked havoc on my asthma. I am not sure if I’ll ever have an 8 minute pace for 13.1 miles, I’d like to, but I am glad that I can get out there and move today!
  2. Hubby has been absolutely amazing this week. He works LONG, crazy hours and averages around a 70-80 hour work week. The other day when I was at kindergarten learning centers and he was home he unloaded the dishwasher for me. I told him thank you and that it had made my day (truth)!! Then I woke up this morning and read the following on my FB wall:
    I read your whole blog just now. I had no idea you had written so much. Your writing has improved just in the couple of months you've been blogging. It's personal, genuine, and often quite funny. Nice job and keep up the good work. I love you!”
    That comment just made my week!!!
  3. N broke down at school on Wednesday while I was there (for the aforementioned learning centers). He broke down when the teacher asked each person in his group what made them special. Once again, I felt like the worst mom in the world since my kindergartener doesn’t think he’s special. I am making extra effort to constantly tell him how special and important he is to me.
  4. TMB over at Racing With Babes is doing a series of posts each Friday to help develop confidence and self-worth. (Something that N and I need to learn to live by). She is titling this series: Live Like the Honey Badger. Today is the first post, I highly recommend you hop over there and read it.
  5. Tomorrow is the Pinewood Derby for L. He is beyond ecstatic to race his car. I am excited that J has the WHOLE day off and we get to spend it as a family! Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can take a family hike in the morning and then race cars in the afternoon. L is just twenty miles short of his 50 miles hiking for cub scouts. Go L!!!!

1 comment:

  1. wow that was a great run! you are getting good!

    aww your hubby has been super sweet, those are some great signs of appreciation even when he is so busy with work.

    ReplyDelete