Friday, January 6, 2012

Compression Socks and Self Loathing

Ran a quick 3.1 this morning before J headed to work. It felt good. It wasn't epic like yesterday's run, but it felt good. I intentionally ran slower because I'm running 6.5 tomorrow and my calves are really sore. I'm not sure if they're sore from running yesterday or doing wii fit the day before. Either way, they're stiff. I threw on a pair of compression socks today (haute pink Run Love compression socks from Running Skirts), my purple C9 skort, long sleeved, black, C9 technical shirt underneath my bright pink C9 technical tee. I topped it off with my purple Washington Huskies visor. I looked cute. I needed to look cute because my body hurt. Those socks really worked. I'm not sure why I'm so shocked to find that they work, but they really do. I only own two pairs (pink and blue), I want every color of the rainbow and some! I LOVE my compression socks.

Now that you've endured my pointless ramblings about my love for compression socks. Go read this post here. G, of Neurosis of the Stay at Home Marathoner is able to eloquently state how I feel about myself. Her post is life changing and every woman needs to read it, take a good look at herself and realize just how beautiful she really is. Something that I'm working on. Thanks for this post G!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment