Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back In The Saddle

I went for a short 3 mile run today. It felt good. It felt better than good. It was epic! I haven't run since that whiny post. I finished up my meds and slept like there was no tomorrow. I felt normal yesterday and plugged in the wii fit. I haven't used it for over two years. The good news is I lost over 17 pounds since the last time I stepped on. The bad news is that it took me over 1,100 days to achieve it-- according to the fit. I was able to do some step aerobics, running (in place) and yoga. I then passed over the controls to the boys and let them have at it.

Today I was sure to eat a bowl of oatmeal before heading out the door. I used to be able to run with only water and coffee in my system. My body got used to having food before running (even short distances) during my training. I headed out the door with plenty of time for a run, stretching and shower before J had to leave for work. I had zero expectations. It had been a week since my last run. My lungs and legs to do not cooperate after more than a few days off. I cranked up some Led and hit the pavement. I felt great! My lungs were cooperating and my legs felt as light as air! It was epic! My body needed that week's rest.

I'm planning to head back out tomorrow for another short 3.1 before J heads to work. He closes the restaurant on Saturday so I'm shooting for 6.5 early that morning. He has Sunday off (miracle of miracles!) so if the weather cooperates, we're going to go on a family hike. Not sure if I will be able to squeeze in a run Monday, I'll try for 3.1. The boys go back to school on Tuesday and I can return to a normal schedule.

I hope you all are getting out there and enjoying those endorphins! Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment