Friday, January 27, 2012

Liquid Awesome

Yesterday I ran 5k in just under 31 minutes. It was hard. (That's What She Said!). I blame the humidity, yes we have humidity in the ATL in January! I blame the headwind. I blame the hills. I blame my legs; they just aren't cooperating with me this week! I debated all day: to run or not to run. I thought of what SUAR would say, "Shut Up and Run!" so I did. I am so glad that I did. Even though yesterday's run kicked my butt, I am so glad that I did. It may hurt during the workout, but the pain feels so good after! Here's me, post 5k sweating like a man! (That's what the humidity does to me!)

This weekend I will go for a quick 30 minute run on Saturday, followed with a 2 mile hike with the boys (gotta get L up to 50 miles as soon as possible!). Then Sunday, hubby has the day off so we will go for a family hike. We're hoping to get 4 miles in if N can handle it! Of course, I have to bribe the boys with "coffee" to get them out there, but I want to set a fabulous example for them--get out and move!

Happy weekend and Happy Running y'all!

2 comments:

  1. way to kick butt!! i want to go hiking with the family sometime, cant wait for them to be a bit older although I am going to try it soon anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! It turned out to be an adventurous five mile hike! My boys (5 & 7) were awesome! I had no idea it would be so rugged. We traversed over log covered inlets, had to rappel down a hill with ropes and my 5 year old had to drop a deuce in the woods! Hubby came to the rescue and threw the little one's legs over a log and held him up while he dropped the kids off in the forrest! Thankfully I had some napkins in my backpack or we would have used dried leaves! The 7 year old has 10 more miles to hike before reaching his 50 mile goal this year with cub scouts!

      Delete